Thursday, April 06, 2006

Under 19 rugby

The New Zealand under 19 team at the irb u19 world cup won their first pool match against Wales this morning. The coaches of that team led by Kieran Crowley were kind enough to let me use video of their training camp before they left so that I could gather the data for the "Physics of Rugby" project that I will slowly post on this site.

(the prop on this side of the scrum weighs 147kg and gives a very solid base.)
I have been working on the lineout, analysing the speed and angle of the throw needed to reach each position in the lineout for the particular locks in this team. I have also taken the physical characteristics of the locks to work out the power generated in a jump both assisted and unassisted which I then compare with the actual jumps measured during practice. The correlations are remarkably good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home